The British Virgin Islands BVI Fall Charter Yacht Show may be over but the sailing season has just begun. And those who won awards at the show get bragging rights all year long!
In the crewed yacht industry, charter yacht brokers are matchmakers. Every year, we as members of The Charter Yacht Brokers Association attend the annual BVI Charter Yacht Society charter show to update our knowledge on the availability of crews and yachts so every "match" is a set up for the vacation of a lifetime.
BVI - Best Charter Yacht up to 53'
1st Place - UNWAVERING with Adam Hughes & Rosie Kirk
2nd Place- REACH with David Stanley & Naomi Timms
BVI - Best Charter Yacht 53 to 62'
1st Place - AMAYA with Biff Smith, Amy Edmonds & Piers Reid
2nd Place- PORT TO VINO S59 with Jeff & Caitlin Nichols
BVI - Best Charter Yacht 63' and up
1st Place - MARIAH PRINCESS III with Kevin Gentles & Nicole Bowman
2nd Place- COLIBRI with Graham & Kristiann Gips & Stacey Law
BVI - Best Charter Motor Yacht
1st Place - MV SYNERGY with Jacob Beman, Audrey Boulianne & Philip Ashford
2nd Place- SEA GLASS with Paul & April Tremblath & George Filip
BVI CULINARY CONTEST:
Congrats to ALL! There were 14 participants in the BVI Charter Yacht Society Culinary Contest. Each Chef was expected to produce an entree & either appetizer or dessert. The culinary contest at the BVI's Faĺl Charter Yacht Show is tough. The standard of cuisine is impressive. In the galley, the chefs make magic happen everyday on charter.
Best Appetizer: Loic Jausoro aboard Jans Felion
Runner Up App: Sofia Ribeiro aboard C'est La Vie
Best Dessert: Katie Harrison aboard Wanderlust
Runner Up Dessert: Audrey Boulianne aboard MV Synergy
Best Entrée: Katie Harrison aboard Wanderlust
Runner up Entrée: Audrey Boulianne aboard MV Synergy
BVI TABLE SETTING:
BVI COCKTAIL CONTEST:
"It's an Old Fashioned" by Mount Gay Rum
BVI DESIGNER WATER
About Us: Your Charter Yacht Brokers: Capt. Randy & Shelly Tucker!
If you want to experience a luxury yacht charter vacation first hand and up close, there is no better way than on your own privately crewed yacht with a full-time professional Captain and Chef/First Mate. We've been sailing and chartering for well over twenty-five years.
The U.S. Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands were our "backyard" which we came to love and cherish. So much so, that we sold everything in 1997 and moved to Charlotte Amalie, USVI as owners & operators aboard the 72' sailing yacht Three Moons. We do know the ins and outs of this special place & the people who live there. That's what makes us an official "Yacht Charters Guru”! Never been on a chartered yacht vacation? We will help you personally design your charter yacht vacation. Imagine being able to sail into small bays with beautiful white sands & fantastic snorkeling. A yacht vacation is a great way to spend time with your friends or family.
Why use a CYBA Certified Yacht Charter Broker?
As a member of CYBA, the Charter Yacht Broker’s Association, we adhere to strict yacht charter booking protocols. We have access to the CYBA industry escrow account to protect your money.
Charter yacht crews, yacht owners and travel agents do not have access to this account.
If it is a busy yacht with lots of charters, the crew are taking care of guests onboard and they honestly do not have time to answer a lot of travel questions.
This is what differentiates professionally licensed yacht brokers from anyone else trying to book charters.
Very Important! It is not safe to send your hard-earned money directly to a business or yacht that is not accredited by a professional charter industry association to handle yacht charter client funds. Always ask!
We have access to the The CYBA E-Contract Charter Agreement. It is made available by CYBA for electronic use only by established, industry recognized and reputable Yacht Brokers.
Choose from an extensive list of yachts, including our spacious and stable catamaran charters, power catamarans, traditional monohull sailboat vacations, or high-end luxury motor yacht charters in the U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Belize, Croatia. Greece, and the Mediterranean.
We do not sell yachts like many other agencies so there is no conflict or distraction in our focus for your yacht charter. Our service is free to you. We travel extensively to boat shows and yacht charter shows year-round to personally view and inspect as many of the yachts as possible.
6 Reasons Why We are Qualified:
1. As Members of the Charter Yacht Brokers Association, The Virgin Islands Professional Charter Yacht League, and the BVI Charter Yacht Society, we maintain contact with the yachts to keep abreast of the very latest information on crew/yacht conditions and new yachts entering the arena.
2. We stay on top of local and Federal Governments to keep informed about changes in our industry, as well as involve ourselves with the changes in the environment in which we offer charters.
3. We engage in open dialogue with local publications to help keep the government and the public aware of this important industry in our islands.
4. We attend multiple charter yacht industry shows in the Caribbean and Mediterranean, go aboard each of the yachts, meet the crews, attend association meetings and seminars. We'll happily share our notes about changes to the boats and crews and confirm any newly added features and upgrades as well as re-fits to the boat’s decor like new carpets, interior and exterior soft goods & fun new water toys.
5. As a seasoned charter yacht Owner & Crew, we have access to the "inner circle" and know all the insider facts. 6. We've developed a longtime friendship with vendors of services such as local taxi drivers, ferry companies, good places to stay on land, great restaurants, and much more.
Yacht Charters Guru is Accredited by the Following Professional Associations: