Captain Randy and Shelly
U.S. Virgin Islands Is the Preferred Yacht Charter Tourist Destination for Spring and Summer 2021
Updated: Mar 22, 2021
The race to get back to some semblance of normalcy in the Caribbean hinges on how much of the population gets vaccinated against COVID-19. The good news is that the USVI recently announced it will allow all residents ages 16 or older to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, making it the first United States jurisdiction to offer the vaccine to such a large majority of residents.
We've seen an uptick in new bookings in the U.S. Virgin Islands in the last 2 months due to the fact that many well-known yachting grounds have closed their borders to marine and charter yacht traffic. For the traveler, that's dying to go somewhere easy to access in the Caribbean, they quickly discover that the USVI offers beautiful water, beaches, and tons of water sports activities! Every traveler aged five or older who enters the U.S. Virgin Islands, by air or sea, including anyone in-transit to another destination, is required to use the USVI Travel Screening Portal at www.usvitravelportal.com and submit an acceptable COVID-19 test result prior to travel.
One only has to look out the window or the porthole in the U.S. Virgin Islands to see that there are a lot more tourists and private yacht charters than ever before. People who are taking advantage of these "floating luxury hotels of all prices" are enjoying multiple bays in St. Thomas, St. John, including the beautiful bays of the National Park, Water Island, Buck Island, and St. Croix as well as a multitude of sandy uninhabited cays.
For the first time in many decades, a new resort opened in the Virgin Islands on the island of Lovango Cay With 10 moorings, tender service, and overnight mooring options, Lovango is quickly becoming one of the USVI’s premier cruising destinations. It's just 10 minutes from Cruz Bay, St. John.
You'll enjoy hopping off your private yacht for lunch or dinner ashore at Lovango's resort or spend the day at their luxurious Beach Club with hiking, snorkeling, and poolside service by their new infinity pool.
See all the amazing places you can explore on a charter yacht in the U.S. Virgin Islands:
Northside, Saint Thomas
Magens Bay-World Famous!
Hans Lollik Islands
Southside, Saint Thomas
Hassel Island (National Park)
East End, Saint Thomas
Little Saint James
West End, Saint Thomas
Central, Saint John
Northside, Saint John
East End, Saint John
Buck Island (National Park)
Green Cay National Wildlife Refuge
The recent feedback is extremely positive from our clients and their charter yacht captains, many of whom are seeing this area for the first time despite multiple visits to the Caribbean. The Captains are very protective of the marine environment because their vocations depend on it.
Commissioner of Tourism Joseph Boschulte reported that the U.S. Virgin Islands has weathered the pandemic well. This is due to smart, sensible public health policies and tourism management efforts. There has been a big increase in flights to the STT airport in St. Thomas, which started in November 2020 during Thanksgiving holiday and has been sustained over the the past few months. Boschulte reported the tourism recovery has been strong, with the territory experiencing an encouraging start to 2021, anchored by robust visitor arrivals throughout the current spring break period.
If you are currently considering booking a private crewed charter yacht for a week between now and the end of July in the Virgin Islands, we encourage you to do so quickly as calendars are filling up.
Our recent bookings for this summer include the following yachts. Click on the photos to see the yacht's online brochure, rates and live calendar.
There are many more yachts we've booked lately! We've been busy!
About Us-Your Charter Yacht Brokers, Capt. Randy & Shelly Tucker:
We do not sell yachts like many other agencies so there is no conflict or distraction in our focus for your yacht charter. Our service is free to you. We travel extensively to boat shows and yacht charter shows year-round to personally view and inspect as many of the yachts.
6 Reasons Why We are Qualified:
1. As Members of the Charter Yacht Brokers Association and the Virgin Islands Professional Charter Yacht League, we maintain contact with the yachts to keep abreast of the very latest information on crew/yacht conditions and new yachts entering the arena.
2. We stay on top of local and Federal Government to keep informed about changes in our industry, as well as involving ourselves with the changes in the environment in which we offer charters.
3. We engage in open dialogue with local publications to help keep the government and the public aware of this important industry in our islands.
4. We attend multiple charter yacht industry shows in the Caribbean and Mediterranean, go aboard each of the yachts, meet the crews, attend association meetings and seminars. We'll happily share our notes about changes to the boats and crews and confirm any newly added features and upgrades as well as re-fits to the boat’s decor like new carpets, interior and exterior soft goods & fun new water-toys.
5. As a seasoned charter yacht Owner & Crew, we have access to the "inner circle" and know all the insider facts.
6. We've developed a longtime friendship with vendors of services such as local taxi drivers, ferry companies, good places to stay on land, great restaurants, and much more.
Learn more at www.YachtCharters.Guru Call us Toll-free: 1-800-859-0042 Contact Us!