The Coronavirus and Private Yacht Charter
Updated: Mar 23
How do we really feel about traveling and chartering a catamaran, sailboat or motor yacht vacation right now with COVID-19?
In times of uncertainty, peace of mind becomes essential; we're keeping a sharp eye on the news in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. While none of us are traveling right now, our opinion remains that yacht charter vacations overall are the safest environment for those who love the water. It may take a long time for the cruise ship industry to recover but private catamaran, motor yacht, and sailboat vacation bookings are steadily being made for the near future.
We feel strongly that privately crewed yacht charters remain a great way to literally "get away from the entire world" in a self-contained, safe environment with lots of fun things to do & quiet, safe anchorages to explore worldwide. Many of our clients fly privately in order to protect themselves and their friends & families. For those who don't fly on a private jet, we feel very reassured by the new cleaning procedures implemented by the airlines recently.
Our charter yacht crews report, "We are all healthy on this end. Regular food safety and other health protocols are in place."
• Crew hygiene is guaranteed before the charterers’ embarkation for ALL charters.
• Exceptional sanitary measures such as routine cleaning and proper disinfection practices including biological treatment/cleaning will be taken on board before each charter starts.
• Precautions also being taken on the ground, where staff at the airport terminals as well as all drivers performing ground transfers are adhering to Government recommendations in order to reduce risk.
How are the Charter Yacht Owners and Clearinghouses Working with the Clients Right Now?
The industry is working well together by rebooking with an emphasis on confirming a new date for the charter to take place by the end of this year's charter sailing season. Other yacht clearinghouses are offering addendums to their existing contracts for those traveling in affected areas right now. (Keep in mind that this only applies for charters booked and taking place right now or before July 31, 2020.) We recommend that if you have already booked a charter or are getting ready to book a charter to take place within the next 3-4 months, an addendum to the contract can be requested for the yacht's owner to agree to changes due to the following: "Should a CDC Travel Health Notice of level 3 or higher for any country to or from the charter destination be issued, or flights be canceled due to health alerts, a rescheduling of charter dates shall be agreed upon. The Rescheduling Addendum must be signed within 14 days of the notification of intent to reschedule and new allowable dates must be within one year of the initial charter date. Should the vessel be sold or disabled after the reschedule is in effect, the original Charter Agreement will be considered null and all funds will be returned by all parties.”
Meanwhile, some other health-related issues that also caused panic in the past have been effectively put to rest:
· Zika Virus is no longer being monitored by local VI health agencies as no cases have been reported.
· Likewise, Chikungunya has fallen off the horizon.
· Dengue Fever remains present throughout the Caribbean but relatively rare for tourists.
These latter three ailments are mosquito-borne and while relatively rare, it never hurts to remember as a traveler to the Caribbean to use a good mosquito repellant when going ashore. We can list all the things you need to do to be mindful on the subject of travel at this time but you have probably already educated yourself. You are your own best judge on whether or not you should travel. And you already know what to do beginning with washing your hands frequently.
Perspective is the Key:
Don’t get swept up by the media. It’s important to remember that while Coronavirus is a serious illness, its transmission rate is lower than the common flu.
The Happy Factor:
According to research studies, the simple act of planning a vacation can increase your overall happiness. All vacationers experience a significant boost in happiness just having a fun trip and good times to look forward to. What makes us happier, definitely makes us healthier! Let's get together now to plan your charter on ayacht for fall/winter 2020/2021!
Watching as the world travel changes, it's more important than ever to purchase trip insurance especially if you live in an area that might become a CORVID-19 containment zone or if the area you are traveling to becomes restricted before your charter date arrives. We are agents for Allianz Global Assistance and AIG Travel Guard. Contact us if you need a quote for a "Cancel for Any Reason" policy regardless of whether or not your travel includes a yacht charter. We're here to help & promise we won't oversell you.
Charter yachts are a portal to meaningful adventures for you and those you love. This private adventure protects you in a contained bubble of fun and beautiful memories you will make will last a lifetime. Enjoy connecting with your sense of self on a luxury crewed yacht charter. As always, we will strive to provide you with the latest information; please feel free to reach out to us at any time. ~ Capt. Randy & Shelly Tucker
We're former Owners & Captain of the Award-winning 72' yacht Three Moons for 18 years. With over 300 charters in our logbook, we currently represent privately crewed Caribbean sailing luxury yacht charters as professional CYBA yacht charter brokers. Recently, we interviewed over 120 catamarans, motor yachts, sailboats, and professional crews. We're happy to promote these yachts offering modern conveniences & unlimited pleasure.
What should you expect from a luxury crewed yacht charter in the Caribbean?
It's "ALL about you, ALL the time" onboard a privately crewed charter boat! It's surprisingly affordable too! Far away from overcrowded cruise ships, all-inclusive charter yachts allow you to explore some of the Caribbean’s most exclusive areas and delight in the natural, unspoiled beauty of secluded islands, hidden coves, and secret dive sites. Sail to a nearby island every day & snorkel around your own private beaches; enjoy your favorite cocktail while watching the sunset on your own private yacht; indulge yourself with 5-star gourmet cuisine that is prepared with Caribbean flair and served in the most beautiful surroundings you could ever imagine. We love matching the right crew & yacht with you!
6 Reasons Why We are Qualified:
1. As Members of the Charter Yacht Brokers Association, we maintain contact with the yachts to keep abreast of the very latest information on crew/yacht conditions and new yachts entering the arena.
2. We stay on top of local and Federal Government to keep informed about changes in our industry, as well as involving ourselves with the changes in the environment in which we offer charters.
3 We engage in open dialogue with local publications to help keep the government and the public aware of this important industry in our islands.
4. We attend multiple charter yacht industry shows in the Caribbean and Mediterranean, go aboard each of the yachts, meet the crews, attend association meetings and seminars. We'll happily share our notes about changes to the boats and crews and confirm any newly added features and upgrades as well as re-fits to the boat’s decor like new carpets, interior and exterior soft goods & fun new water-toys.
5. As a seasoned charter yacht Owner & Crew, we have access to the "inner circle" and know all the insider facts.
6. We've developed a longtime friendship with vendors of services such as local taxi drivers, ferry companies, good places to stay on land, great restaurants and much more.
Learn more at www.YachtCharters.Guru
Our service is completely FREE to you!