Belize Reopens to Tourism on August 15, 2020
Updated: Jul 2
Belize is preparing to open their International Airport on August 15th to their very much missed yacht charter vacation visitors. This of course comes with new safety protocols and requirements under the Belize Tourism Board's "Gold Standard Recognition" certification protocols, which we are in the process of gearing up for. This is a dynamic and evolving time and we will update you more on our next blog, but in the meantime you can see more details on Covid-19 policies and procedures below, together with the Belize Tourism Board's latest update to travelers.
Looking for the “Most Remote Itinerary”? Go completely off grid and tune out from the rest of the world! With 3 of the 4 Atolls in the whole Caribbean and hundreds of remote islands that dot the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world, we can plot the most socially distant itinerary in the country which you can enjoy from the luxury and comfort of your own all inclusive private floating hotel!
Spend your time cruising through the beautiful reefs and corals and visit uninhabited islands at Glover’s Reef Atoll, have an island to yourself for your own private beach party and get up close and personal with abundant wildlife above and below the water. Your crew might have to pop to shore for an ice and provision re-stock, but they do it in the Sittee River near the sleepy Garifuna village of Hopkins, and you choose whether you want to step ashore.
Yachts Available in Belize:
Sleeps 8 Guests in 4 Queen(s), 1 Twin(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 4 Queen(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Double(s)
Sleeps 8 Guests in 4 Queen(s), 1 Twin(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 4 Queen(s)
Sleeps 6 Guests in 3 Queen(s)
The Sample Itinerary:
(Note: this is based on a 7 day round trip charter from Belize City. For the ultimate remote itinerary start your charter in Placencia and cover the Sapodilla Cayes too in addition to the itinerary below!)
Day 1: Bluefield Range A magical location for nature’s wonders, Bluefield Range is a mangrove cluster teeming with wildlife which makes for a fantastic kayaking destination. Kayak through the tiny channels, look out for manatees and birds, or take some bait and a fishing line and see what bites. Day 2: Colson Reef & Tobacco Caye As the sun comes up over the barrier reef you will be sailing south with a stop at Colson Reef. With a wonderful variety of corals, hard and soft, sea rods and fans, and vibrant red sponges, this is some of the healthiest reef seen in Belize due to its remote and untouched location. Tobacco Caye is a 5-acre palm-fringed coral island perched on the barrier reef, with a few colourful cabanas and handful of locals who call this rock their home, a great place to learn about their distant island life. Snorkel the cut, another channel between the reef packed with marine life and vibrant corals.
Day 3: Southwest Caye, Glovers The southernmost Atoll, Glovers Reef is a minefield of patch corals and epic marine life, with a scattering of tiny islands that sit on the outer reef. Being a designated National Marine Reserve and World Heritage Site, there are approximately 700 patch reefs brimming with the richest variety of marine life in the Caribbean – Snorkelers and divers alike are enchanted by the vast and endless spectrum of sea life. Southwest Caye makes for a great anchorage as there a huge uninhabited perfect white beach with a backdrop of coconut trees (it was once a plantation) and since it sits on the lee side of the island, there isn’t a spec of ocean debris, just a few fallen coconuts and spotless sand. Day 4: Middle Caye, Glovers Spend the morning snorkeling then cruise up to Middle Caye, a wilderness zone with a marine research station run by the Wildlife Conservation Society open for visitors to explore. There are some interesting displays explaining the ecology of the Atoll and T-shirts for sale to support the conservation efforts. Take a walk down “hermit crab alley”and look out for the resident Ospreys! Day 5: Long Caye & Sittee River After an early morning of snorkeling we can visit Long Caye, home to Off The Wall Dive Resort, a remote, secluded, environmentally friendly, and privately owned island paradise. Visitors are welcome to explore and learn about their leading eco-practices and call in at their gift shop, which has some of the most authentic and boutiquey treasures in Belize. Spend the early afternoon journeying to the mainland and meander up the Sittee River, where the contrast from ocean to jungle and river is breathtaking. We dock in the tiny marina surrounded by tropical gardens filled with hummingbirds. For those wanting to explore, it is possible to arrange a private car to take you into the sleepy seaside village of Hopkins, which has rich cultural routes with the ‘Garifuna’ population. After dark, venture into the Bioluminescent lagoon, which lights up like a cosmic bath of stars as you glide through the waters, a once in a lifetime experience!
Day 6 : Southwater Caye Sail back out to the salt water to the reef to this pristine 12 acre private island that is one of the most beautiful and exclusive islands in Belize. On the the north side of the island is South Water Cut, which is a 1⁄4 mile wide gap in the reef and being in a marine reserve it attracts an impressive collection of resident marine life. Watch out for the moray eels hiding out in the overhangs! Explore the island, have a swim from the shore and watch the pelicans gather as the fishermen return and clean their catch as you enjoy happy hour on the deck. Day 7: Rendezvous Caye Rendezvous Caye is a tiny private island located right on the Belize barrier reef, with a collection of palapa shades, beach loungers and hammocks. We reserve the island for your exclusive use for the afternoon and overnight, so whether you want us to stage a private beach party with music and dancing, or just listen to the sounds of the deep water crashing on the reef, the choice is yours. You can snorkel along the reef wall right from the shore and experience the contrast of deep sea and shallows of the corals. Look out for the graceful spotted eagle rays, there are several who come to visit the boats to check on any scraps from the catch of the day!
Please note that the sailing itinerary is subject to weather conditions, sailing conditions, guest preferences and the whims and ideas of the captain. The itinerary is planned around an arrival time of noon. The itinerary will be subject to change for later arrivals.
All charters include:
All Inclusive Sailing aboard a luxury catamaran (44ft to 50ft based on your selection)
Dedicated crew of Captain and Chef / 1st mate
Elegant cuisine including breakfast, lunch, canapés, dinner & dessert
Open ‘ships bar’, including beers, rum cocktails and wine with dinner
Queen air conditioned cabins with private bathroom/shower
Equipment for snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and much more.
Private Transfers from Belize International Airport or Belize City
COVID19 Update: Peace of Mind – Safety & Flexibility
Your crew is ready and waiting to welcome guests back to Belize on August 15, 2020!
With a population of just 390,000 people, the second largest reef in the world and over 200 islands to explore, we believe that Belize is a perfect place to be socially distant. Sail to remote islands with only your captain and chef on board with all of your needs taken care, from delicious fresh cuisine, exotic libations, multiple snorkeling experiences and opportunities to paddle board, fish, beach comb and of course, to relax on deck as you sail with the trade winds.
Your crew are very mindful of the dynamic situation surrounding COVID-19, health and safety concerns and the need to remain flexible for all. Below are their policies and procedures.
1. Health and safety on board
Safety is our first priority, as it always should be. We have made modifications to our already stringent sanitising and cleaning procedures and in line with the guidance of global experts and authorities including the WHO and CDC, as follows:
– Each yacht and all recreational equipment (snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boards, fishing gear) will be disinfected immediately upon return to the dock after guests depart then left sealed off for 3 days
– All elements will then be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected again prior to next boarding – Galley provisions will be cleaned and disinfected on the dock before being unpacked on board – Clean linens will be placed in a storage facility for 3 days before being unpacked and the cabins made up – Each yacht will have disinfectant spray, hand wipes, and sanitizing products readily available
2. Crew rotation, health checks & your private transfer
– With safety as the first priority for both guests and our crew, the charter company will be rotating crew so they have 14 days leave between charters. This means they have had a minimum of 14 days from having contact with prior charter guests before they are ready to welcome you on board. Furthermore, the charter company will perform temperature checks before the crew can re-board their yacht. As soon as rapid testing becomes available, it will be implemented.
– The operations crew will be working with face masks and ensuring social distance, along with strict hand washing and sanitizing procedures. Temperature checks will also be performed daily for all operational crew.
– For your transfer from International airport, the journey time is 20 minutes to the marina in our private suburban vehicle. We will require guests to sanitize hands before entering the vehicle (sanitizer will be available) and request that you travel this short distance with a protective face mask. Our driver will handle all luggage with protective gloves and will be wearing a face mask. Our vehicle is thoroughly disinfected between each transfer.
3. Booking flexibility
The yacht charter company has updated their standard charter contract to offer more flexibility and leniency. In summary: – There are no rebooking fees if you need to change your charter due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19. Your charter can be rescheduled and completed within 12 months of the original charter start date based on mutually agreed dates. – If guests wanted to have an extension beyond 12 months of the original start date, you can secure charter funds for up to 24 months for a $1,500 rebook fee (you would need to do this 60 days before the end of the 12 month period) Please contact us if you would like a copy of the contract in full, we hope this provides assurance to you.
4. Charter Special! – Reunite with friends and family and bring 2 free for all of 2021!
We believe that having something to look forward to, something that brings friends or families back together again is a powerful remedy. We therefore wanted to celebrate this eventual coming together by offering 2 FRIENDS OR FAMILY FREE for all of 2021! Book for 2 or more and invite 2 guests to go for free of charge! This offer is valid up to December 15th 2021.
We all look forward to welcoming you to Belize!
We're former charter crew team, Captain, Chef and owners of an Award-winning 72' sailing yacht 18 years. With over 300 charters in our logbook, we currently represent privately crewed Caribbean sailing luxury yacht charters as professional CYBA yacht charter brokers. Recently, we interviewed over 120 catamarans, motor yachts, sailboats, and professional crews. We're happy to work together as a team to promote charter vacation yachts offering modern conveniences & unlimited pleasure.
What should you expect from a luxury crewed yacht charter in the Caribbean?
It's "ALL about you, ALL the time" onboard a privately crewed charter boat! It's surprisingly affordable too! Far away from overcrowded cruise ships, all-inclusive charter yachts allow you to explore some of the Caribbean’s most exclusive areas and delight in the natural, unspoiled beauty of secluded islands, hidden coves, and secret dive sites. Sail to a nearby island every day & snorkel around your own private beaches; enjoy your favorite cocktail while watching the sunset on your own private yacht; indulge yourself with 5-star gourmet cuisine that is prepared with Caribbean flair and served in the most beautiful surroundings you could ever imagine. We love matching the right crew & yacht with you!
6 Reasons Why We are Qualified:
1. As Members of the Charter Yacht Brokers Association, we maintain contact with the yachts to keep abreast of the very latest information on crew/yacht conditions and new yachts entering the arena.
2. We stay on top of local and Federal Government to keep informed about changes in our industry, as well as involving ourselves with the changes in the environment in which we offer charters.
3 We engage in open dialogue with local publications to help keep the government and the public aware of this important industry in our islands.
4. We attend multiple charter yacht industry shows in the Caribbean and Mediterranean, go aboard each of the yachts, meet the crews, attend association meetings and seminars. We'll happily share our notes about changes to the boats and crews and confirm any newly added features and upgrades as well as re-fits to the boat’s decor like new carpets, interior and exterior soft goods & fun new water-toys.
5. As a seasoned charter yacht Owner & Crew, we have access to the "inner circle" and know all the insider facts.
6. We've developed a longtime friendship with vendors of services such as local taxi drivers, ferry companies, good places to stay on land, great restaurants and much more.
Learn more at www.YachtCharters.Guru
Our service is completely FREE to you!